Henrique Dib is an award-winner professional musician based in Potts Point (Sydney, Australia). His passion for music, composition, improvisation and teaching goes beyond explanation.
He graduated in 2009 from the Sydney Conservatorium of Music with an honours first-class degree in composition and the University of Sydney Medal. During his studies, Henrique received an unprecedented number of composition scholarships, 14 in total, including USYD’s International Merit Scholarship for 5 consecutive years. He was also included in the Dean’s list of excellence in academic performance and received an invitation to join the Golden Key International Honours Society.
As a composer, Henrique writes music for feature and short films, documentaries, animations, trailers, television, commercials, games, commissions, and concert music. Some of his clients include: FOXTEL, KIA MOTORS, UNICEF and the AUSTRALIAN GOVERNMENT. His music has been performed in Australia, Sweden, Germany, Italy, China, France, Finland and Brazil. Some of his composition achievements include:
– Winner of the APRA-AMCOS Tropscore 2015
– Top 5 finalists for the APRA Professional Development Award 2015
– Top finalists for the APRA Tropscore 2014
– Top finalists for the APRA Tropscore 2013 (December edition)
– Second prize winner for the APRA Tropscore 2013 (February edition)
– A total of Six nominations for the prestigious APRA-AGSC Screen Music Awards 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
– Second prize for the David Tribe Symphonic Music Award in 2007
Apart from his composition work, Henrique teaches at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music as well as privately at his music studio, and performs regularly as a pianist, keyboard and accordion player in Australia and overseas.
Find out more about his work at www.henriquedib.com